Applicants must provide proof that they have lived in New York State for at least thirty (30) days prior to taking the TASC test. If available, the best proof to use is either a NYS Driver’s license or a NYS Non-Driver’s ID. If you don’t have either of these, you can go to a DMV office, fill out the forms, offer the required documentation and walk out with a temporary NYS Non-Driver’s ID. This temporary NYS Non-Driver’s ID can be offered as proof of residency to complete a TASC application.
A legible copy of the residency proof offered should be included with Attachment A when submitted as the official document of record when registering for TASC. A 200% enlargement photo copy works great. Or, if you have access to a cell phone with a camera, take a pic of the ID. This format has the added advantage of being easy to submit electronically along with the rest of the TASC application materials.
Alternatively an applicant can provide proof of residency by offering:
- Monthly bank or credit card statement
- Voter registration card
- Automobile Registration
- Selective Service card
- NYS tax returns and corresponding W-2 form
- Homeowners or renter’s insurance policy
- Telephone utility bills or payment of service such as cable TV
- NYS apartment lease signed by landlord
- Attendance as a juror in NYS
- Deed or mortgage statement
Go back to the FAQ list.