Our Career Job Training programs provide a certificate in just a few months, not years. All programs focus on skill development through the practical application of the latest industry-aligned equipment and technology.
These programs offer the opportunity for the adult learner to enter or re-enter the workforce with new or upgraded skills. Any adult, 17 years of age or older, may apply for admission.
Attend an Information Session (optional).
For a general overview of CWD programs the information session will review curriculum, course objectives, class schedules, career options, placement rates, student expectations, and answer questions. Information sessions are FREE and held monthly from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Register to attend an upcoming session.
Career Job Training Program admission procedures
When you are ready to apply, registration for Career Job Training Programs requires successful completion of the entrance assessment, and satisfactory arrangement of payment of tuition. An automated email confirming registration will be sent to the email that is on file. The entire admission process must be completed before enrollment is confirmed.
- Attend an entrance assessment session. ($25 one-time non-refundable registration fee is waved with NYS Benefit Card). Click below to schedule your CWD Entrance Assessment.
- Secure funding.You may choose to meet with an admissions advisor or financial aid specialist to discuss funding options.
- Complete any program-specific requirements.
These may include additional documentation.
For successful completion of a training program, students must adhere to the policies and procedures as outlined in the adult learner handbook, and complete program-related work-based or clinical experience, as required by program curriculum. See specific program requirements for details.
- BOCES 2 CWD does not admit students that may be considered under the status of “Ability to Benefit.”
- BOCES 2 CWD does not accept transfer credits from other institutions.